I am a current Library and Information Sciences graduate student at the University of Pittsburgh. With a background in teaching mathematics at the middle and high school levels, I am now working toward a School Library Media Specialist certificate.
Until mid-April, I am student teaching at an elementary school in Mt. Lebanon, PA. During this practicum experience, I am writing my own units, teaching, running literature circles, and working with the collection, such as in cataloging, purchasing, and making displays.
I also currently hold an internship at the South Fayette Township Library in which I create and run programming, have re-cataloged the picture book collection into genres, and write quests for Questyinz.
In addition, I volunteer at Carnegie Library of Homestead, re-organizing the children’s collection, and at a Head Start in Homestead, leading story time once a month.
Please take a moment to peruse my resume and read my posts, all of which highlight my experiences this year in my aforementioned positions. And don’t hesitate to reach out to me…
- New York State teaching license for Mathematics, grades 7-12
- American Library Association
- Pennsylvania Library Association
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA Criminal Background Check
- FBI Fingerprinting Criminal History Check
- Will be available at the end of May
- Please fill out the form below or email me at Ellyn.Brancato@gmail.com to request an official copy of my undergraduate or graduate transcripts.
- Click here to view an unofficial copy of my undergraduate transcript (PDF)